Joseph R. Froetschel
Joe was born in Pittsburgh and grew up in the South Hills. He received his Juris Doctorate at the University of Pittsburgh, where he was awarded the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Trial Advocacy and Criminal Law. He also received his Bachelor of Arts Degree in History and Politics & Philosophy from the University of Pittsburgh, where he graduated from the Honors College cum laude.
In 2007, Joe joined Gismondi & Associates, focusing exclusively on representing injured individuals, particularly those involved in motor vehicle accidents, elder abuse and neglect, premises liability, and medical negligence.
Prior to joining Gismondi & Associates, Joe worked for the City of Pittsburgh Law Department, handling personal injury cases, employment issues, and tax matters. Following his tenure with the City, he focused on representing large corporate clients throughout the Eastern United States.
Joe is a member of American, Pennsylvania, and Allegheny County Bar Associations, the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, and the Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers. He currently resides in the city of Pittsburgh and is a member of local community organizations and involved in several pro bono programs.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Elder Abuse and Neglect
- Premises Liability
- Medical Negligence
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Juris Doctorate
- Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Trial Advocacy and Criminal Law
- University of Pittsburgh
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts cum laude
- Major: History
- Major: Politics & Philosophy
Honors and Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2012-2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Member
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers, Member
Past Employment Positions
- City of Pittsburgh Law Department