Multimillion-dollar settlement — A young boy from Moon Township, Allegheny County suffered serious burns to his hands, arms and face due to a gas explosion and fire at his house. The explosion was caused by a gas leak from a line that was hit by a contractor. The gas company came out in response to the leak, was aware that the boy was in the house, but did not ask him to leave. The house exploded 30 minutes later. The boy suffered permanent impairments in the use of his hands. Attorney Gismondi obtained a very significant, multimillion-dollar settlement, which will provide the boy with financial security for the rest of his life and cover all future medical needs.
Significant multimillion-dollar recovery — A young husband and wife suffered serious burns when a propane tank being carried in the back of their car suddenly ignited and caused a fire inside while they were driving. The propane tank had been filled just minutes earlier at a convenience store. We filed a claim against the convenience store and were able to prove that the fire occurred because the propane tank had been overfilled. We obtained a significant multimillion-dollar recovery on their behalf.
Multi-million dollar recovery for the family of 28 year old killed in a violent explosion which occurred at a Marcellus Shale gas well owned and operated by Chevron. This was one of the first deaths that occurred in western Pennsylvania arising out of the recent surge in gas and oil drilling via the hydrofracking method. Please click here for the full case summary.
Multi-million Dollar Recovery for a steamfitter working for an outside contractor assigned to a U.S. Steel plant in the Pittsburgh area suffered serious burns to his face, hands and lower body as a result of a gas explosion inside the plant. Please click here to read the full case summary.
Multimillion-dollar recovery for Pittsburgh-area worker killed in an explosion at an industrial plant. This workman was survived by a wife and two young children. The worker who was killed was employed by one of several contractors who were in the plant doing a large repair project for the owner. Click here to read the full tragic case summary.
Recovery well in excess of a million dollars — An elderly couple from near DuBois, Pennsylvania, died as a result of a gas explosion at their home. We were able to prove that the explosion was caused by a gas line that had not been repaired for several years. We obtained a recovery well in excess of a million dollars in a claim against the gas company.
Significant seven-figure award — Three young children from Monroeville, Pennsylvania, died in a Christmas Eve fire. Local investigators concluded that the fire appeared to have started in a corner of the living room. With the assistance of fire consultants, electrical engineers and metallurgists from around the country, we were able to determine that the fire started in a television set located in that part of the house. We filed a defective product claim against the manufacturer of the TV on the ground that its circuit system was defective and was prone to create "hot spots" that could lead to a fire. After extensive litigation, we received a significant seven-figure award on behalf of the parents of these children.
Significant recovery in excess of a million dollars — A traveling salesman from Pittsburgh suffered serious burns when a propane tank on a travel trailer exploded. We filed a claim against the company that sold the trailer on the ground that they had inadequate warnings about how to guard against leaks in the propane system. A significant recovery in excess of a million dollars was obtained on behalf of this gentleman.