Pittsburgh Lawyers Representing Victims Of Anesthesia Errors
When you go into surgery, the function of your three most vital organs — brain, lungs and heart — are in the hands of the anesthesiologist. If the anesthesia team does not watch you closely throughout the surgery, permanent injury or death can result. Therefore, it’s not only the surgeon who is important in the operating room, the anesthesiologist also plays a key role in seeing that the patient leaves the operating room in safe and healthy condition.
I’m attorney John Gismondi, founder of Gismondi & Associates. We are lawyers who represent people in Pittsburgh and throughout Pennsylvania who have been injured as a result of anesthesia errors while undergoing surgery. A powerful lawsuit can provide full and complete compensation for you, and it can also send a strong message that will help to prevent some other person from being injured by a similar mistake or accident.
Errors by the anesthesia team can include:
- Giving too much medication
- Not protecting the patient’s airway
- Improper placement or removal of the breathing tube
- Failing to control the patient’s heart rate or blood pressure
- Giving too much or too little fluid
- Not placing the patient in the proper position
Click Here To See How We Handle Your Anesthesia Error Case
A Lawsuit Provides Compensation … And More
We wish that we could turn back the hands of time and undo what has happened to you or your family. Unfortunately, no lawyer has that power. However, with a successful lawsuit we can reduce the burdens you face by obtaining full and complete compensation for everything that you have experienced as a result of your injury or the death of a family member … mounting medical bills, lost wages, physical pain and suffering, mental anguish, and perhaps most importantly, the loss of the relationship and companionship of a loved one.
We will also fight for compensation to cover everything that you may face in the future. Anesthesia error cases often involve long-term needs for things such as future surgeries, specialized equipment, personal attendant care and much more. Our goal is to provide full compensation for all of those needs so that you or your loved one can enjoy the very best quality of life possible and make the most of a difficult situation. After all, that is the least that you are entitled to.
Aside from providing you with full and complete compensation, a lawsuit can do one other very important thing: It can force changes to be made by the doctor or hospital that caused the injury to you or a loved one so that no other person or family has to go through what you have.
Our Experience With Anesthesia Errors
Over the past 30 years, we have handled a variety of cases involving anesthesia-related injuries, including:
- A multimillion-dollar award for a 51-year-old woman who died because the anesthesiologist did not properly insert her breathing tube.
- A multimillion-dollar award for a young woman near Kittanning, PA, who suffered severe brain damage because her breathing tube was pulled before she was strong enough to breathe on her own.
- A multimillion-dollar award for a man from Indiana County who underwent successful kidney transplant surgery only to die shortly after surgery because the anesthesiologist provided too much fluid during the surgery.
- A large six-figure award for a coal miner because his breathing wasn’t watched closely during shoulder surgery.
Call Us Now | Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has been injured by surgical or anesthesia errors, call us now for a free consultation toll free at 1-888-529-1255. And remember, we always return phone calls. Our law office is in Pittsburgh and our attorneys handle medical malpractice cases throughout Pennsylvania.
Find answers to frequently asked questions about our legal services.