Pittsburgh Lawyers Representing Wrongful Death Victims
A wrongful death lawsuit recognizes that it is not only the victim of a fatal accident who suffers a loss. Immediate family members such as spouses, parents, children and grandparents are also affected when a loved one dies and they deserve to be compensated.
I’m attorney John Gismondi, founder of Gismondi & Associates. We are lawyers who represent family members of wrongful death victims in Pittsburgh and throughout Pennsylvania. A powerful lawsuit can provide full and complete compensation for you, and it can also send a strong message that will help to prevent some other person from being injured by a similar mistake or accident.
Compensating The Survivors Of Fatal Accidents
A wrongful death lawsuit is one that is brought for the benefit of the spouse, children and/or parents of someone who dies as a result of an accident or a medical error. The claim gives those family members the right to recover a variety of damages, including lost wages and medical bills, but more importantly, it also gives the family member the right to recover for the loss of companionship and the relationship with the loved one.
The family members have these rights to wrongful death recoveries regardless of the type of accident that led to the death of the loved one. Therefore, wrongful death claims can arise as a result of automobile accidents, medical mistakes, work site injuries, airplane accidents, defective products or any other circumstance where the carelessness of a person or a corporation caused a fatal injury.
Where an accident involves the death of a parent and there is a child surviving, we take special care to make sure that any money owed to a child is protected in a trust or by some other means that will secure and preserve the funds for the future.
We also work very closely with families to make sure that the money we receive for a child is placed somewhere where it is safe and secure so it will be around for the life rest of the child’s life. Often that means we get involved with the preparation of a trust for the benefit of the child, or some other special financial arrangement to protect the money long term. Either way, the financial needs and interests of the child come first.
A Lawsuit Provides Compensation … And More
We wish that we could turn back the hands of time and undo what has happened to you or your family. Unfortunately, no lawyer has that power. However, with a successful lawsuit we can reduce the burdens you face by obtaining full and complete compensation for everything that you have experienced as a result of your injury or the death of a family member … mounting medical bills, lost wages, physical pain and suffering, mental anguish, and perhaps most importantly, the loss of the relationship and companionship of a loved one.
Aside from providing you with full and complete compensation, a lawsuit can do one other very important thing: It can force changes to be made by the people who caused the injury to you or a loved one so that no other person or family has to go through what you have.
Our Experience With Wrongful Death Cases
Over the past 30 years, the attorneys at Gismondi & Associates have successfully handled countless wrongful death claims on behalf of surviving spouses, children, parents, and other loved ones, including:
- A $7 million jury verdict on behalf of the family of a Washington County man killed in a motor vehicle accident.
- A multimillion-dollar recovery on behalf of the parents of a 10-year-old child who died due to brain swelling that should have been prevented.
- A multimillion-dollar recovery on behalf of the wife and children of a man who died in the crash of USAir Flight 427.
- A multimillion-dollar recovery on behalf of the family of a man who died during kidney transplant surgery because the anesthesiologist overloaded his lungs with fluid and prevented him from breathing.
- A multimillion-dollar recovery on behalf of the husband of a woman who died in Shadyside Hospital because an anesthesiologist did not properly insert her breathing tube.
- A multimillion-dollar recovery on behalf of the parents of a child who died as a result of complications from an electrical burn during a surgical procedure.
Call Us Now | Free Consultation
If you have lost a loved one due to someone else’s carelessness, call us now for a free consultation toll free at 1-888-529-1255. And remember, we always return phone calls. Our attorneys handle personal injury cases throughout Pennsylvania.