Pittsburgh Lawyers Representing Victims Of Emergency Room Errors
Doctors who work in emergency rooms are on the front lines of the medical profession. Since they treat people with life-threatening conditions, we expect them to know what they are dealing with and to move swiftly to provide the proper care. Unfortunately, when an emergency room doctor doesn't do his or her job, serious injury or death is often the result.
I'm attorney John Gismondi, founder of Gismondi & Associates. We are lawyers who represent people in Pittsburgh and throughout Pennsylvania who have been injured as a result of emergency room errors. A powerful lawsuit can provide full and complete compensation for you, and it can also send a strong message that will help to prevent some other person from being injured by a similar mistake or accident.
Common Mistakes In The Emergency Room
Many emergency room deaths and injuries are caused by doctors and hospital staff waiting too long to see patients, by not listening to patients, by not taking steps to investigate complaints, by not ordering proper tests, by misreading the results of tests, or by discharging patients before they become medically stable.
Many emergency rooms are overused and understaffed. When doctors rush to treat too many patients, serious illnesses can be misdiagnosed as less serious conditions. Examples of illnesses that are often misdiagnosed in emergency rooms are heart attacks, meningitis and broken bones.
A Lawsuit Provides Compensation ... And More
We wish that we could turn back the hands of time and undo what has happened to you or your family. Unfortunately, no lawyer has that power. However, with a successful lawsuit we can reduce the burdens you face by obtaining full and complete compensation for everything that you have experienced as a result of your injury or the death of a family member ... mounting medical bills, lost wages, physical pain and suffering, mental anguish, and perhaps most importantly, the loss of the relationship and companionship of a loved one.
We will also fight for compensation to cover everything that you may face in the future. Emergency room error cases often involve long-term needs for things such as future surgeries, specialized equipment, personal attendant care and much more. Our goal is to provide full compensation for all of those needs so that you or your loved one can enjoy the very best quality of life possible and make the most of a difficult situation. After all, that is the least that you are entitled to.
Aside from providing you with full and complete compensation, a lawsuit can do one other very important thing: It can force changes to be made by the doctor or hospital that caused the injury to you or a loved one so that no other person or family has to go through what you have.
Our Experience With Emergency Room Error Cases
Over the past 30 years, the attorneys at Gismondi & Associates have successfully handled a variety of emergency room cases, including:
- A multimillion-dollar recovery on behalf of a man who suffered severe brain damage because fluid in the brain was not detected on a CT scan at a time when it could have been successfully drained.
- A multimillion-dollar award for a schoolteacher in Pittsburgh who suffered a devastating stroke because she was given the wrong drug in the emergency room.
- A recovery well in excess of a million dollars for a man who became a paraplegic because a CT scan that showed a neck fracture was misread by the emergency room doctor and the patient was sent home without any treatment.
- A large six-figure award for the widow of a retired man from Pittsburgh who suffered a fatal heart attack because he sat with chest pains for more than two hours in the emergency waiting room before being seen by a physician.
- A large six-figure recovery for a working man from DuBois who suffered a leg amputation because a clot in his leg was not treated quickly enough in the emergency room.
- A significant six-figure award for a young lady from Uniontown who suffered permanent bowel/bladder dysfunction and loss of sexual sensation because a disk rupture was not discovered in the emergency room.
Call Us Now | Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has been injured by emergency room errors, call us now for a free consultation toll free at 1-888-529-1255. And remember, we always return phone calls. Our law office is in Pittsburgh and our attorneys handle medical malpractice cases throughout Pennsylvania.